2017 Mustang Adoption Challenge
The 2017 Teens and Oregon Mustangs Competition is March 23-25 at the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo in Albany, Oregon.
Application Due Date October 28, 2016
Trainer Notification November 14, 2016
Pick-Up Day December 3, 2016
Move-In Day March 23, 2017
Competition March 23-25, 2017
Teens In-Hand Yearling Application : 2017Trainerapinhand
Teens Riding Division Application: 2017Trainerappriding
Adult TIP Division Application: 2017Trainer App Adult
Adopt a Mustang, Give a Future.
OUR MISSION: Provide positive life-changing experiences for trainers of all ages through the development of leadership, horsemanship, and teamwork while educating the public about training and adoption of Oregon’s wild Mustangs.
OUR VISION: By 2024, Teens and Oregon Mustangs will be recognized in the United States as a premier organization that improves the adoptability of Mustangs, develops trainers of all ages, and is critical to the healthy and sustainable management of America’s natural resources and preservation of western heritage.
- Trainer Development – Inspire life-long learning and develop confidence, responsibility, consistency and leadership.
- Diversity – Encourage a variety of training techniques that showcase the Mustang’s trainability across various disciplines.
- Successful Adoption – Strive to maintain our 100% adoption rate and value the hard work it takes to get there.
- Training Toolbox – Provide ample opportunities and tools for trainers to overcome any training obstacles in their path.
- Public Awareness – Educate the public about Mustang horses, heritage, and management and the related management of natural resources